Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Teething

My poor baby has started teething. The worst of it is that, since she doesn't grab or hold items yet, she can't even hold one of her teething rings or toys to bite down on. I have to hold it for her - and then she is a little happier. I went looking for some alternative teething device today, but it seems noone has invented a magical solution for teething babes this young :( I did pick her up teething tablets at least.
It was a busy shopping day for us. I finally found something to wear to a wedding next weekend. Do you think I could find a breastfeeding dress? No, of course not. I even tried a specialty store and spoke with the clerk. Apparently I'm the first person in 5 years to ask about one! There just isn't demand enough she said. If I had time I would make one, but I don't. I even have a design in my head... I settled for a skirt and button up shirt. I even had to go to the mall after trying all the local shops. Nothing would ever fit over my chest...
I'm off to my favourite parenting online forums to see if I can get more advice about teething at this age...

PS A big thank you to the Stitch Women! Your card arrived yesterday.

No comments:

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed