Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy (Belated) Mothers Day

I would have written this post yesterday, but that may have constituted working on Mothers Day. Plus, I was busy looking after Abigail and attending a wedding rehearsal for my friend's upcoming handfasting.
We went for brunch Saturday morning rather than wait for Sunday. I was busy with the rehearsal anyhow, but regardless, I wouldn't want to wait for a table on Mothers Day. I wasn't even thinking of Mothers Day when I woke up Saturday and decided I wanted to go out for brunch. Instead, I was purely thinking "I deserve brunch today!" because Abigail hadn't been sleeping well. Robin is still sleeping on the futon because he had the flu earlier in the week. Having the bed to ourselves (Abbie and I) makes taking care of her easier for me anyhow... so he can stay down there ;)
Abigail gave me a lovely present too. And it wasn't a full diaper (although I did get one of those just as my food arrived at brunch). She gave me a decorative plate featuring Cicely Mary Barker's sweet pea flower fairies.

No comments:

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed