Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Slumped Over

Abbie just fell asleep slumped over sitting in my lap listening to the Manha Manha song on youtube. I was tired of singing it and Mr. Lamp had also grown tired of entertaining her. She loves the brass lamp in the living room.

It's been a busy weekend. Today she got a lot of fresh air and spent a lot of time watching the trees and bugs from her shaded blanket location as I pulled another batch of dandelions from the front yard. Of course, she was far too interested in the sights to sleep, which led to a cranky period when she became overtired. But mommy got that straightened out before we had to go to the GRAB fundraiser dinner, which was very yummy.

Last night we popped over to Jay and Katie's for another BBQ (following our lunch BBQ wedding shower) to celebrate Jay's birthday. While there I used their scale to weigh Abigail (I simply held her then subtracted my weight alone)... at 11 weeks she's already 13lbs!! That's heavier than Robin and I were. I had been forgetting to record her weight and length in the baby book. Length was 23"

Abbie's not the only one slumped over. I find that my shoulders are always in some horrid position holding her up whether it's while nursing (no pillow for us, which makes it easy to nurse anywhere but is harder on my shoulders) or just carrying her. Tomorrow I go for my first massage therapy. Ahhhhh. I am looking forward to it! In the meantime, I do my best to adjust my posture and roll my shoulders back whenever I think of it.

As soon as she wakes I'll go get the camera and upload a photo of her outside today. I've been trying to call Robin, but he can't hear me over his video game and I can't risk shouting.
Summertime.... and the living is easy... (when you are Abigail. And Darla. And Monkey or Fenwick.)

No comments:

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed