Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Friday, April 25, 2008

Baby Wearing - revised photos

Baby wearing is far from a new practice, but you'd think it was from the number of women I've encountered who say "I wish they had those in my day." It is unfortunate that it has taken this long for baby wearing to become popular, and even now I only see a small percentage of moms baby wearing. I suspect this is because most women have had little exposure to or experience with baby wearing. Perhaps one day we'll see the Hundred Monkey phenomenon when enough people start baby wearing and expose others to this brilliant idea!
Here are some photos:

babywearing
Dual napping. Or maybe she's nursing. I don't remember.

babywearing

Hands free!

babywearing

Little newborn back-carry.

babywearing
A day out with the family.

What's better than a sleeping baby? A sleeping baby on the go!
babywearing
babywearing

Baby wearing isn't just for moms. Robin turns heads when he carries Abigail. He received many compliments at Canadian Tire when he had Abbie in the pocket sling (not pictured).
babywearing

Newborn in the Ergo and with the sun cover

babywearing
babywearing

Getting bigger...

babywearing


Aside from walks in the park and shopping at the market, baby wearing is useful around the house.
babywearing

Here I am stirring food in a metal bowl, not cooking on the stove-top.

babywearing

Basically, it's awesome anywhere and my 2 year old still loves a front carry (facing me) or a hip carry.

More photos:

babywearing Drooling at an evening outdoor concert.
babywearing
Watching a parade (see photo above for her sleeping through the Pipe and Drum parade).

babywearing

Front-facing

babywearing


babywearing

Back carries

babywearing

babywearing

This is still one her favourite carries (the front wrap cross is so versatile!)

Apparently I don't have any photos using the sling. Probably because it's my 'quick solution' babywearing option. You know, what I keep on hand for outings when I suspect she'll want to be carried and I'll want my hands free.

I love our sling, Ergo and wraps.

1 comment:

Barb Davy said...

I just found my way here for the first time. I had two of the same carriers for Molly, and in the same colours. I was just thinking the other day that it's a shame I don't have more pictures of her in carriers.

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed