Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Mail

Not all letter carriers are created equal.
Abigail and I went for a walk with my NICU roomate and her son yesterday. I learned that she is a letter carrier. Anyhow, she's a very nice woman and I'm sure she is a nice letter carrier. Our letter carrier is also very nice.
Unlike whoever delivers to Aunt Joyce and Aunt Diane.
Aunt Diane has still not received her card and photo of Abigail. Apparently, I have likewise not received her card. And this is not for lack of sending. It must be a mail conspiracy against us!
Aunt Joyce has also not received her card, but that is because it was returned to us yesterday. "No such address" it reads. Upon checking my address book it seems I accidentally wrote 414 rather than 417 for the house number. A whole 3 houses away, big deal! And if the house number did exist (which it apparently does not), then it would be across the street! One would assume that the letter carrier would have recognized the name at least during sorting and delivered it rather than write "no such address". (Hell, I get mail for my neighbours and people with the same house number on the parallel street all the time. I just drop it at their house for them. Maybe I should start writing "no such person at this mailbox", but I won't because it is not the sender's fault. Which thus makes it a different situation than my putting the wrong house number. So never mind. But still... as if that letter couldn't be properly delivered!)
Aunt Joyce, you need to have some words with your letter carrier - you tell them how upset you are that you have not yet received your photo of Abigail because they refused to deliver it!
One other card was returned. Apparently Robin's cousin Chris D. moved soon after our wedding. There is a note: "moved 2005". I laughed because I do the same thing when I receive mail for people who moved years ago. Particularly when the same person keeps sending mail, like Christmas cards. Could someone please send us a new address for him?
Admittedly, a few others haven't been sent yet, but all family cards were sent. I ran out of envelopes that fit the photos. Alisha, I keep meaning to package up your much belated gift and send the card with that. I'll get to that this weekend. In fact, maybe I should do that now while Robin and Abigail are at the market - but who wants to do work on their one hour break?! I'd much rather sit here with my tea. English Breakfast, yum.

Let me see what I can post for today's picture... I've been taking more videos lately instead of photos. Month 3's compilation will be fabulous. I would like a larger memory card now... mine only holds 7 videos at a time. I'll have to keep an eye out for those dirt-cheap 1GB cards I hear about.

I title this: bed head. She had just been sleeping against my chest. (Meredith, note the lovely blue blanket you can see a corner of :)

No comments:

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed