Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Reality check. And baby book(s)?

I've had some time to think more about baby travel, and realize I was talkin' crazy when I thought I'd need a double stroller. Aside from the inconvenience of those things and the CRAZY prices (at least for a decent, less cumbersome stroller), I really don't need it.  However, I will admit that a simple singleton stroller with a fully reclining infant seat will be needed. I can baby wear one and push the other (when I'm not wearing both - side by side or front and back).  And Abi can freakin' walk like she does now.  We don't have a stroller for her now, so why would I add one? If we're going on a long hike, I won't be doing it alone, which means Robin will be there to help with child transportation.  Yeah, so thinking of a double stroller with a child board or such was just crazy talk.  Please ignore the freakin' out in the aftermath of learning about the twins.

However, I do have a creative dilemma. How does one prepare a baby book for twins?  One book? or two? Right now I'm thinking DIGITAL.  If I keep/prepare a digital baby book, with digital photos, I can print out two copies without actually having to work on two books.  That way, one day, each child will have a comparative record of their first year(s).
For Abi I had a formal baby book and a second scrap book filled with photos and blessings from events, footprints as she grew, etc. I was already planning to create something that combined both of these for this pregnancy.  I'll just have to scan in the blessings and cards and foot/ hand prints.
I wonder what other parents of multiples do... or are they too busy to worry about it? I'm determined to make sure all my kids of proper baby books!

2 comments:

Roismireag said...

I think for me it would depend on if the twins were the same sex or one of each. A digital one may be easier, but having a hand written book is wonderful to look back on. I personally would have two separate books, one for each. It takes a bit of work, but it is fun to do.

Alexa

Anonymous said...

As a twin, I say separate books. It's all cute and fun to be "The Twins" before you're of an age to think "Me" separate from "Us" - but after, you want to be You, with your own baby photos featuring You, and your own stories about You, etc. It's not that you need to exclude your twin, but you also want be You separate from your Twin and not just "The Twins."

Adam

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed