Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Fall Out

So, twins.
Huh. There go all my plans and expectations. Oh sure, I knew there is always the possibility of 'hitches' in the plan, but I certainly wasn't expecting this one!
There are a lot of serious and seemingly simple (but costly) consequences such as:
We'll need two new car seats.
We'll need a bigger vehicle because there's no way we can fit two rear-facing seats plus Abi's seat in our Corolla. (Let alone take the dog anywhere with us.)
We'll need more sleeping space - not that I expect Robin and I will be sleeping much.
We'll need more cloth diapers (and covers and wipes)
and clothes
and blankets (let's hope they're not droolers/spit-up kids. I was lucky with Abi. She wasn't either of those things.)
(so much for second pregnancy being practically "free" as anticipated)
A large stroller (I usually don't use one and prefer baby wearing, but I don't foresee wearing two through toddler-hood as I can with one! I'm going to assume if there's a stroller then Abi will want to ride on it too, so I'd need one with the funky standing space for older kids. And that takes us back to a larger vehicle - that can fit such a thing.)
A cot to fit two babies (we'll still co-sleep but I like somewhere safe to rest wee babies when they nap; we had a basket and a co-sleeper for Abi both of which I sold immediately because we didn't need them long and didn't have space to store them)


But let's assess what we do have -
plenty of baby-wearing stuff. (two wraps, two slings. I don't think the Ergo will be much help and it's in Winnipeg right now)
a decent collection of cloth diapers
plenty of yarn to knit more covers!
great friends
an eager helper (that's Abi; she'll be 4)
some girl clothes in Winnipeg with my sister. But I only kept my favourite/special clothes.
family in Winnipeg we will return to...

Once in Winnipeg we'll of course need a house and work, which are huge, but not something I'm overly worried about because I have full confidence we can find both with ease.

1 comment:

Jane Sr. said...

This is going to be such an amazing journey for you. Such excitement and fear I'm sure, but in the end you will have two beautiful children to ad to your little family.
Congrats again!

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed