Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Monday, February 11, 2008

Inventory

After the baby shower I took inventory of what we have and was surprised to see so many gaps. I have a lot of shopping to do!! Hey, I'm not complaining. This will be fun. However, I was very surprised because I *thought* I was well prepared. As I read the list to Robin I laughed... he didn't understand why I thought it so funny. For me to be unprepared... that's freakin hilarious! This morning I stopped in at Angel Worn on my way home from my weekly midwife appointment. These are the updated numbers... [Edit: I went shopping today and am feeling less ridiculous and better prepared.]

Here's what I discovered we have:
16 receiving blankets
17 washcloths
2 hooded towels
25 cloth wiped
5 NB prefolds (cloth diapers) [a dozen more]
9 fuzzi bunz (5 sm, 4 med)
2 snappis
[2 bummis wraps]
a variety of wool soakers
1 change pad
1 NB bib (one whole bib!)
3 premie onesies (hopefully not needed!)
hats of various sizes (no idea what sizes exactly)
[a small, light winter/early spring suit]

NB / 0-3 month clothes:
9 onesies (was 4) [now 11]
6 sleepers (was 3) [now 10]
2 tops [now 3]
3 bottoms [now 4]
3 sweaters
0 dresses [I'm sure mom will fix that when she arrives]
3 mitties (pairs)
2 socks (pairs) [plus a dozen]
3 booties (pairs)

3-6 month clothes:
13 onesies [now 19]
3 sleepers (was 1!!) [now 6]
6 tops [now 10]
6 bottoms
1 sweater
0 dresses
2 socks
0 booties

6-12 month (some say 6-9, some 6-12) clothes:
0 onesies
2 sleepers (6-9)
4 tops
1 bottoms
2 sweaters
1 dress
6 socks
0 booties

12 months +
2 sleepers
4 tops
1 bottoms
1 sweater
3 dresses (18 m)

Can you imagine, 3 sleepers and 4 onesies/undershirts for a NB baby... There's, um, a DAY's worth of clothing! HILARIOUS! Really, all I can do is laugh at myself. And go shopping. Something to keep me busy while Robin is in Seattle...

No comments:

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed