Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Bear and other Knits (plus a crochet)

I said I would upload photos of what I've been working on... meet Bear. Okay, so technically this is Bear's feet and legs.

And Bear's Bottom a few hours later...

But soon he will be a whole Bear. Knit with lovely Koigu wool yarn. The gauge was smaller than the pattern called for with this yarn, so I had to revise the entire pattern... I really wanted to use this yarn!! This is my first time revising a pattern to fit a new gauge... It's also one of my first projects (after the Mary Jane's below) using expensive wool yarn. At $14 a skein... this is going to be a special bear. I only bought 1 skein originally because that was all the original pattern called for, but since revising it I suspect I will go into a second skein.

I also made these fabulous Mary Jane booties (and a hat to match of course) with Koigu wool. They still need a button to close the strap, but I want to wait and see where I should stitch the button after I have a foot to test it on. I have a lot of the skein left and need to figure out what to make with it... maybe a dress for Bear!

In wool soaker world, these are my newest additions: My second attempt at a Curly Purly - this time with Berrocco Peruvian wool that is butter soft (and no wicking soy in the mix!) - and a crocheted soaker with skirt that I was testing a pattern of for the designer. (Made with Canadian Briggs & Little Regal wool in Briar Rose.)

I changed the edge of the skirt from the original pattern because I didn't like the original. It won't fit babe for a while yet.

Robin leaves for Seattle tomorrow afternoon. He's been cooking all day so I have plenty of yummy things to eat during the week: pizza pasta, Italian Wedding soup (with lots of spinach!), and a beef pasta/soup base sauce I can pour over pasta or potatoes. Tonight we're having homemade pizza. Smells almost ready too! Time to log off.

No comments:

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed