Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Monday, February 18, 2008

Family Day

Ah, Family Day and I'm all alone...
Of course, stores closed or not, I'm imagining most people are not venturing far today in KW given the icy roads. My friend was planning to come take pregnancy photos of me, but I've insisted she not drive. The roads are ice! And with all the drainage blocked by snowbanks, nothing really drained.

Robin's in Seattle. Or, at least, I'm assuming he is. I'm assuming his flight left on time and he made his connection and he arrived safely... I have to assume because he didn't call to say otherwise... Granted, I have a tendency to never call when I arrive somewhere either.
[Checked the flights from yesterday. They departed TO late, but looks like their connection departed late as well and they made the connection. They would have arrived very late and still had to wake early for training. Poor Robin. He should still be in training now...]

So, what to do today... no walking the dog, that's for sure! And I can't finish Bear because I ran out of yarn half-way through his head. I suspected this would happen (because I revised the pattern) and tried to pick up more yesterday, but the store was closed (although the other stores in the Square were open). Alas, Bear will have to hibernate for a few days. I need a new project! I was thinking of making Bear a dress... Using the leftover yarn from the Mary Jane booties...

No comments:

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed