Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Friday, December 30, 2011

Kicking confession

I have a confession to make.
I should begin by saying that I don't often feel the twins moving about, although I know they do.  I don't feel it much because they're small yet (15/17w) and their (fused) placenta is anterior (in the front) and 'pads' most of it.  Sure, I feel discomfort when they are pressing on organs, etc, but I don't feel it often along my belly.  I'm most likely to feel movement while lying on my side - so, at bed time.  They're movement is mostly internal.  Robin had his forearm across my belly the other morning and I felt a series of four kicks, but he felt nothing.
I'm sure all that will change in the nearish future.
Which leads to my confession.
In the past couple of weeks I can probably count on one hand the number of times I really felt the babies kick.  I mean, leg-must-certainly-have-protruded-out-of-my-belly kicking.  I've never been looking at my belly at the time. I'm sure nothing actually protrudes. The point is, it feels like they kick a hole through me. Yes, it hurts.
And so no, I don't think to myself "aww, how sweet, I can feel my babies kicking! I can't wait to share this with others who will put their hands all over me."
Okay, even without the last half of that statement, I'm still not feeling the kickin'-love like I did when Abi (not her name when in the womb, but we'll call her that for the sake of simplicity) would kick.  I seem to recall those being lovely experiences.  The "aww, my baby is moving" experience.
Instead, I think "OW! Stop that!" and then I think "Crap, this is only going to get worse." (Except I don't say "crap". I'm trying to be polite.)

There's my confession.
I don't love my babies kicking me and attempting to punch holes through my body and making me hurt.

UPDATE: Of course they decided to kick me quite a few times last night. And this morning one was pressing a foot against my belly.  With some probing I was even able to feel the foot (no, it was not protruding).  Abi was with me and says she could feel it too when I guided her fingers to the place. Unfortunately, each time Robin tried to feel the foot, it was removed.

No comments:

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed