Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Friday, December 30, 2011

Didn't make the 11 shawls in 2011 cut

A few of my projects didn't make the 11 shawls in 2011 cut for various reasons.
There were those I had started in 2010, like my Sapphire Evenstar, finished in time for summer weddings this year.  I blogged about it a few times this summer.
And the Tiger Eyes stole (that's a wide scarf that can wrap about your shoulders or be worn like a scarf - for those who requested an FAQ) I knit for my mom.
Then there's the wee little infant-sized shawlette (ie, shawlette on an infant, not shawlette for an adult that nicely fits a kid) I whipped up for fun out of my head.
This was a failed design attempt that I finished and promptly frogged (took apart).

As was this:

This Baktus I simply didn't like and frogged at the end.

And this Milo I will start again with enough yarn to finish it. Until then, it's waiting to be frogged.

Others I simply started and never finished. Such as this Green Geoui

And this Takenoko stole.
And this giant Freya shawl that will eventually be a gift.




Then there is the second attempt to knit up this handspun (see failure above). I'm not sure if it will be a circular shawl or blanket, but it needs more yarn.  It's my own make-up-as-I-go wheel of the year design.


Last, but certainly not least, are the large lace shawls I started this year and already mentioned because they have taken a lot of my knitting time.  Neither will be finished by the end of the week, but they should be done in early 2012.
Around the World - which was a mystery KAL so I couldn't finish before all the clues were released anyhow - has another 50+ rounds to go, at the edges. That's a lot. Plus those rounds contain a lot of nupps and beads.  This is a really old picture and I'm well past that point, but you get the idea.
And there's my baby. My own design that was also released as a mystery KAL. Tread Softly.

I've been admiring some beautiful finished versions by my KAL members.  I really need to get back to working on mine.

Plus, of course, there are the blankets and hat and scarves and socks and mitts and doll and what not that are not shawls...

No comments:

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed