Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Thursday, December 29, 2011

11 Shawls in 2011

Once again, I participated in the Ravelry group challenge to knit 11 shawls in 2011. Easy-peasy. I was done back in April, but that didn't keep me from knitting more. And yes, I'll be working on 12 in 2012.

Here's a recap of the shawls I knit:
(note, links are to Ravelry project pages)
First was my Delight, using some purchased handspun yarn I bought myself for Yule (I bought myself a lot of yarn last Yule....)
Second was a crocheted gift I called Dusk.

Third I apparently still had a crochet bug and made something for myself using the small talk pattern.
Fourth was another gift - Ethereal Jade.
Fifth was yet another gift -a  Traveling Woman using yarn that Abi dyed.
Sixth used up a variety of yarns that Abi had dyed, so she'd have her own shawl.
Seventh was me testing my own design before the designated tester could even start. This one also became a gift - my Verdant Hatchling.
Eighth was another green project, this one a seemingly endless stole. My Green Embrace.
Ninth was my Battle-Weary Dragon shawl.
Tenth was a Blue Geoui I gifted.  Another crochet project.
Eleventh was this Rainbow Delight.

Twelfth was an Indigenous shawl still in need of an edging.
Thirteenth was a summer mystery KAL shawlette that I gifted to Abi's midwife.
Fourteenth (this is my first time systematically counting them since I finished 11) was a bridesmaid shawl knit on behalf of my friend. A lovely Echo.
My fifteenth shawl was knit for myself using my own handspun for another Dragon Hatchling.

Sixteen was yet another Hatchling shawl, but this time for a gift.
Seventeen I whipped up for a fundraiser using some lovely handspun to make a 198yds of Heaven.
 Eighteen was a second bridesmaid shawl before leaving on vacation.
Nineteen was a purple boneyard shawl that I knit on the road and literally finished in the dark. I donated it to a fundraiser also and didn't get a photo. But my aunt won it, so eventually I imagine I will.

Twenty was a test knit of Carménère for the designer who is always one of my favourite yarn providers. This was knit on vacation.
After that I got caught up in two mystery knit-a-longs for huge shawls. The first is Around the World the other is my own design of Tread Softly.  Neither are finished - in part because they are huge but mainly because I experienced knit-aversion during my first trimester.

However, in the last few days (Dec 22-28) I squeezed in two final shawls for the year when I found my shawl mojo again. The patterns were gifted to me, so I was inspired.
Twenty-one is my Briar Berry.


Twenty-two is Cassandra (crochet).

That's my year in shawls.  I have a few.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Good heavens, woman! I knew about maybe 1/3 of those and thought you were prolific already. Wow! I don't think I finished a single shawl in 2011...I have at least 4 on the needles, so my goal for 2012 is to finish those!

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed