Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Yule Greetings


Here we were last weekend at a Christmas party. Alas, the loving hands on my belly obscure your view of it. But you already know how big it's grown from the last post.

This morning we exchanged Yule gifts.  They're always hand-made, but not necessarily by us.  My hope was to have Robin's fingerless mitts finished, but that knit-aversion earlier in the pregnancy put a damper on my holiday knits.  Fortunately I had a back up gift in place - a lovely clay bear ornament from the local Stitch N Kitsch show.  I received a gorgeous pottery mug - part of my SFA* gifts from Robin and I have to say, I'm pretty excited to see the rest in a couple days.

Abi received her hand knit doll, who she named Priscilla.

I was in the middle of knitting her (the doll) a hat from handspun yarn when Abi awoke. It was to be the surprise in her countdown calendar.

It's a warm day here. No snow for us this holiday season.  In fact, it's so warm I'm thinking I might even get out and plant those bulbs, finally... Imagine, planting bulbs at Yule!
And by 'plant' I mean toss them in the garden where I dug out the bush and cover them with more soil. Nothing fancy. Just a pile of daffodil and tulip bulbs that were scattered around the other garden spaces and finally dug up this fall.

*SFA = "super-f'n-awesome.  That was my Christmas request this year.

1 comment:

Sheila said...

Beautiful family picture. Oh, and I think Robin already gave you the most SFA gift EVER. The evidence is in your belly growth. :)

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed