Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Sunny Days are back again

Farewell rain (for today at least).
Hello Sunshine!
We've actually had a fair amount of sunshine, but it's always bracketed by thick clouds and thunderstorms.

Now, there was something I intended to write about... darn. I've forgotten.

One item is this cute and geeky as can be baby toy which I simply MUST knit for Abigail. Every Buffy fan should have their own Mr. Pointy! But until she's old enough to play safely with a sharp stake, Abigail will have to settle for a knit Mr. Pointy.

Speaking of knit toys, Ms. Kaylee Koigu (the new name of the knit bear) is currently residing in the freezer. All my wool will be taking its turn in the freezer because it seems that I have some micromoth larvae chewing holes in my precious wool :( grrrrr. So, all the wool is being frozen and then stored in ziploc bags. Take that!!!! Ms. Koigu's crocheted dress has a hole in it that I will need to fix since something chewed through the wool. I know how to fix knitting easily, but it looks like I may have to undo part of the dress and re-crochet it. It's not so bad since the hole is near the bottom and I made the skirt top-down.

Incase you have not yet heard, we have our flight to Winnipeg booked. So we'll see you in August!

Our visit to Kincardine has grown even more exciting. My aunt Elaine, cousin Melanie (who shares my birthday, but not year) and her sons are also visiting. I haven't seen Melanie since I was about 11 and attending a NKOTB concert in Montreal. She gave me some pictures of the NKOTB that she had drawn. I may still have them somewhere. (may go dig those up)
I haven't seen aunt Elaine since our wedding 4 years ago, and before that when I was 11, and before that... when I was too young to remember. We see eachother about once a decade or so.

I'm betting Diane and Lynne and mom are going to be VERY jealous when they hear of this ;) It's bad enough Rita gets to visit frequently and see Abigail. Rita's taking advantage of the fact that we currently reside in Ontario. Eventually we'll be gone and she'll be back to seeing little of us and it may be Lynne, Diane and mom who are with Abigail frequently. And, of course, they'll see Abigail soon enough.

We're off for a walk to enjoy the day.
Going for a walk
Bye-Bye.

No comments:

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed