Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Socks are not so evil after all

If you had asked me a week ago what I thought about knitting socks, I would have said that socks are evil little critters. That would have been when I was starting my first adult sock (not counting Abbie's too-small froggy sox) for the third time.
Now, after successfully completing my first sock and mostly finishing the second, I'm rather delighted with socks.
Abigail would like a pair
Abigail likes them also. I am hoping there is enough leftover yarn to make her a pair. Then she can match with her grandma.
[Edit - there was more than enough yarn! I'll share a photo of them wearing their socks together.]

After dealing with my gauge issue (I was knitting too tight, afraid of gaping ladders as I switched needles and because I was feeling tense knitting with DPNs), and after figuring out that the pattern isn't great and I had to use the "large" size option to make a sock that would fit over my (normal sized) heel [there were other obvious mistakes in the pattern too], I finally had success.
All Done!!!
Mom had better like them too. If not, I or Rita will gladly take them off her feet. I know, however, that mom will love them. Darn.
Oh, you love them too?
If you buy the wool, I'll make them. And all it will cost you is more wool. One for you, one for me! But, uh, it may be a while before I get to them. You might just want to learn to knit them for yourself.

No comments:

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed