Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Canada Day was Yesterday

I suppose I should have said something about our national holiday yesterday. But, I didn't really do anything in celebration this year. Abigail and I didn't even wear any red and white clothing. (For shame!) I did try to make several long-distance calls because they were free within Canada, but nobody was home! Which just made me feel like a big loser - lol. Ericka was home with her four girls enjoying a summer day, so I did manage to reach one person.

When Robin got home we decided to go out for dinner for a celebration of sorts (food). Called up our friends Tay and Mike to see if they'd like to join us last minute. Tay and Mike are expecting their first child in early October, a daughter. I'm very excited for them! And for us - a new friend for Abigail and another mom to share experiences with in my circle.

Abigail and I are heading out on our first bus ride today as I have a meeting at the university regarding my TA-ship next term. She's not a happy camper this morning. Woke early, for her, at 7 and now she's tired but not sleeping. I'm sure she'll fall asleep once we head out soon and she's nestled snug in her Moby wrap. I'm going with the Moby this morning because it's brown and matches her outfit. Seriously. Yesterday we sported the orange wrap I made, which, now that I think about it, matched her spring yellow summersuit.

hangin out on Canada Day
Two of my girls hanging out on Canada Day.

Abigail loves this playmat that we are borrowing from a friend. Darla is happy and exhausted from her romp through the park as we took the long-way to return a video rental. Darla running is always a good source of entertainment for Abigail.

No comments:

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed