Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Thursday, July 03, 2008

Puppets

Puppets may just be the perfect gift for Abigail.
hint hint.
She finds them very entertaining when we animate them (and by them I mean it - the one puppet we have) and when she gets older she can put on puppet shows for us.
They are also plastic-free, thus meeting one of our gift criteria - the only one we are adamant about.
Daddy, Abigail and Dexter

Abbie picked out her first puppet yesterday.
I was taking the long way home from University by getting off the bus at Vincenzos and walking home from there. After eating my [salivating - I know mom, Corey and Ericka are very jealous right now] sandwich, I stopped at the local toyshop to admire all the wooden and cloth toys I want for Abbie. While "testing" some puppets and deciding if I should buy one and if so which, Abigail grabbed the monkey from me and stuck it in her mouth. Sold. I think she likes red. I had the shopowner remove the tags so we could play on the walk home - Abigail was very entertained. Until she fell asleep.
Robin named it Dexter (we just watched Night in the Museum). I had wanted a girl name in defiance of the assumption that a monkey in red and blue is a boy (or SuperMonkey, and yes Robin tried naming it Clark).

One of the many great things about puppets is that people expect you to make them talk and dance around. This is very useful for someone like me who talks to her baby, cats, dog, self ALL the time in public. I will simply always have to have a puppet on hand (literally) and then I won't look like such a weirdo. Maybe.

We're off to the lake tomorrow. Robin has to come home to work, but I'm staying for the week, so I may not blog for a while. I shall leave you with an extra photo - I call it Bubbles.
Tiny Bubbles

She's really loving the play mat I borrowed from a friend. We change up the toys that hang down, but Squid and Zebra are definitely her favourites. Oh, and the turtle mirror of course.

No comments:

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed