Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Thursday, January 03, 2008

Midwife and Ultrasound Update

I met with the midwife yesterday and heard the results of the Christmas Eve ultrasound. As it turns out, baby is slightly larger than "average", which is perhaps why I was measuring larger than "average". Yesterday's measurement of my belly revealed no extra size or fluid. Maybe we just caught her in a growth spurt before. Regardless, baby is healthy and growing well. I'm doing well also. And growing. I bought some new PJs (suitable for breastfeeding later) and maternity clothes recently (there were some great sales at my favourite consignment shops this week). Warm maternity clothes were much needed! Most of what my sister sent is summer wear (despite the fact that she was pregnant in winter like me...) and the pants are very very long. I hemmed one pair of pants, which became the only nice pair I had to wear out of the house. I bought myself a pair of maternity jeans - the kind with the large elastic belly front. I remember laughing at such clothing once upon a time (I'm sure Ericka remembers also). Now I know them to be very comfortable! I find other styles of pants, particularly if they just have elastic in the back, do not fit as well or as comfortably. It's good to be back in jeans! I'm tired of sweat pants or dress pants. I missed the thick comfort of jeans.
My diapers should be arriving soon... Maybe I should check the mailbox again today...
But first, let me go photograph and upload the socks and new wool soaker I finished...


The socks are to go with the yoda sweater and yoda hat (not yet finished). I realize yoda doesn't exactly have frog feet, but this is the closest pattern I could find. The soaker is my first attempt at a Curly Purly wool soaker knit in the round. I love the yarn - a soy-wool blend. I may make one more... before holding off to see what style of soaker I like best with A.

Would you like to see more photos I just downloaded from the camera? How about some holiday pictures...
Darla is looking festive. And at Rita's I took a lovely nap. (Apparently Robin thought this was photo worthy.)My Belly featuring a sun tattoo from the sunrise Yule ritual I attended during solstice. It's fake of course, but stayed on forever until I scrubbed it off. The kalanchoe that has been growing wild in the living room from multiple cuttings has finally decided to flower for the first time. Here is its first bloom. And, since everyone seems to love this purse, I thought I'd share some pictures of what I knit for my mom. I started this last spring when we picked up the yarn in Saskatoon. Then I grew to hate the project. However, I was determined to finish it for Yule. And I did. My sister has asked me to make her one... I laughed and said NO! Never again. Or, not for a long while... Maybe as a surprise one day when I feel inspired to try my needles at a new purse design I make up. In the end, I don't hate this purse. Actually, I think it turned out very nice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think.. (although I am not 100% sure) that you can't use soy wool or any plant based fibres in soakers as they absorb urine. I just thought you might want to check into it before you make another one in the same wool ;) it's too cute though, you could try super lanolizing it!

http://www.mothering.com/discussions/showthread.php?t=743420

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed