Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Friday, January 18, 2008

Preggo-Prerogative

Friday night I came up with a very useful term: preggo-prerogative. Neither Robin and I had eaten dinner, so I thought when I picked him up from work at 7 we could grab something. I wanted sushi. He was humming and hawing. I decided to call upon my preggo-prerogative to decide the matter. It seemed a fair use of this privilege to me. I've really not demanded much during this pregnancy. I've not had strange cravings. I've not sent Robin on late-night trips to pick up special foods... so *I* think that if I have a desire for a certain food (very occassionally) and it's not too much trouble, then darn-it-all, I should get that food for dinner!! I'm not abusing preggo-prerogative and making constant demands...

In other baby news, we received another wonderful baby gift in the mail. The ever-so-thoughtful Jen and Joe sent us a chocolate brown Moby wrap baby carrier. Yummmy. Now we have several options: Moby wrap (soft, stretchy and neutral in colour), orange wrap (less soft and stretchy and bolder in colour, not Robin's favourite), beige pocket sling (which Veronica didn't like much, but we'll try for diversity), and maroon Ergo carrier (with all the nifty accessories). I still have an unpadded ring-sling on my baby wish-list - you know, for more options. (Robin says I don't need any more...) I love baby wearing. Now, we just need the baby... (Monkey is un-cooperative. She wouldn't get into the sling! I'm sure if I had a canine-cat (ie, a mini-dog) she would love to be carried. Monkey would rather ride in the pram.)

[Robin models the new wrap with a rolled-up towel inside]

Yesterday I got to dress up for a department potluck social. Dressing up feels good. (V, I ended up wearing the top you sent for Yule with a warm wrap.) Potlucks are also very good!! So many delicious choices... and then dessert! We also had lunch with our friend Chris S who was up on a short visit from Tennessee. Today I had a free pregnancy massage. It's a good weekend!

No comments:

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed