Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Sun Peeking Through

Despite it being another drab, gray, rainy day... the sun is shining just a little inside in the form of new cloth diapers that *finally* arrived!!! That's right, my Fuzzi Bunz are here in all their fabulous gloriousness. Just look how cute they are! Okay, the white are a little boring... but I figure I might not always want an orange bum showing through!

We're going to check out a couple of Peg Perego strollers from Kijiji ads this week. Yippee. Less than two months to go and I'm realizing that there is a lot yet to do... such as make the co-sleeper matress and matress covers. I also have to finish sewing my wrap (got the thread today). (Robin adds I should make the kitchen curtains, but I have priorities. Granted, I should do it before baby arrives...) Wool soakers are coming along well. I'm still hoping to find someone local who makes prefolds or contour diapers. Otherwise I'll just order them. Also have to make some flannel wipes and the intended quilt from the leftover matress-cover fabrics. Unfortunately for me, I don't particularly like sewing... I'd much rather be knitting or crocheting...

...Then I can make things like a Yoda Hat. Oh wait, I already did that. Here it is, unfelted. It will obviously be much smaller when felted. This is Robin's favourite item. And NOW he wants me to make matching pants to go with the hat, socks and wrap-sweater. Sheesh! First I have to figure out what size the hat and socks will fit her at. No point having them all in different sizes!
I suppose I should get back to work. Not fun work - worky work. Research work. Right after I call my sister to inquire about something...
(She'd seen some alternative fibre fill for making a mattress. Corn-based I think. But I can't find it anywhere.... I could get raw cotton from Len's Mills to stuff the mattress.)

No comments:

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed