Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Monday, December 31, 2007

New Year

I heard what was supposed to be a funny resolution on a radio show today:
To be just as fabulous in the next year. (or something along those lines)
The co-host was making fun of this - as if the speaker is less than fabulous. (You know how radio co-hosts taunt one another.)
But I think it's a great resolution. It speaks to one's ideals of oneself. Obviously none of us are perfect (I'm so darn close though!), but if we view ourselves as good, if our expectations are that we are/can be fabulous, then I believe we're much more likely to succeed in manifesting our inner "fabulosity". (I love making up words, don't you?)
Thus, my new year's resolution is to be just as fabulous in 2008 as I was in 2007!

I am looking forward to the next year... Right now, it's much better than looking back or dwelling on recent events. We're trying to move on. Focusing on baby works wonders for this process. I've taken up knitting for baby again (finishing projects) with a passion that I didn't expect to find after a busy December of finishing Yule gifts. We miss Gryphon terribly. Monkey and Fenwick are taking up the slack with cuddle time. Gryphon has already been added to the ancestor altar with a cast of his pawprint and his photos added to the cat-ancestors album that rests there.

We went to see The Golden Compass Friday evening as a distraction. (Chris, let me know when you want to go since I owe you a babysit for cancelling Thursday.) It was very entertaining. The costumes were great too - full of things one could knit... I wasn't surprised to find that I'm certainly not the only knitter to have been inspired. There are already patterns available online and people are talking about what they'd like to reproduce in knitting forums. (But first I must finish current projects...)

I just finished my first sock. One whole froggy baby sock. Now that I've done one, the matching second will be a breeze. I'm also finishing up a lovely wool soaker using a soy-wool blend of yarn in "spring garden" colours. (Among several other knit/crochet projects...)

We hope you have fun celebrating the arrival of the new year and wish you a Fabulous year ahead!

1 comment:

Megs said...

Thanks. I love your frog booties and the whole yoda outfit. Can't wait to see it and any other projects forth coming.

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed