Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Friday, January 18, 2008

Bright Yellow Folder

A large bright yellow folder is my new constant companion. So say my widwives. Yes, Yellow Folder and I must go everywhere together "just incase" (I go into labour). I think Yellow Folder needs a name... Byf? That's not a very nice name. How about... Sunshine. Yes, Sunshine is my new companion. Good thing I have a large purse to carry her around in. Why is the folder female? I don't know. Maybe because most of the people involved in this birth (with the singular exception of Robin) are female.

Today's midwife appointment was short. Because I was late. I'd blame the storm, but I actually forgot this morning. Don't you hate when you remember something the day before, tell yourself to file it as important to remember the next day, and then forget? Apparently 3 calendars (2 on walls, one on the computer) aren't good enough to remind me of appointments. To report on progress - all is well. As usual. Measuring to size, normal heartbeat, normal blood pressure, normal everything. We're just over 33 weeks now. My next appointment, at the end of the month, is a home visit.

Yesterday my mom's belated Xmas package arrived. Aside from the Xmas gifts (DVDs from mom and clothes from sis), the best part was the baby-stuff -- some prefolds and snappis, the newborn-sized wool soaker I'd made Dorion, and breastfeeding clothes. Now we can start practicing our prefold diaper wrapping (on non-squirmy stuffed animals). I can't remember if my childhood baby doll Claire is here or in Winnipeg... will have to look... she'd be the right size to practice on. (Yes, I have many of my favourite childhood toys still... most are in storage in Winnipeg.)

On my way home today from the midwife I made two stops. The first was to relax from the storm, read what the midwives gave me today, and fix my blood sugar. I love the Stonecrock Bakery in St. Jacobs, so I gave them my last two dollars in exchange for some food and coffee. Then I popped into Angel Worn, which is under new ownership. I was a little disappointed to see they no longer carry certain items such as Love Baby Love products (replaced with Yemaya products) or the Ergo line (good thing I bought the diaper bag, carrier and backpack when I did!). Fortunately they still have the Honeybunch ring slings and I was pleased to see they've added SewFunky pocket slings, made by a local woman. I'd get one of those, but sis just sent me a pocket sling. Just for the record (Robin), I didn't buy a thing... although there was this adorable green sleeper right at the front of a rack that was tempting me... Also, they have adorable bamboo-fabric sleepers made in Canada ($23) that I'll just "have" to add to baby's gift registry.

No comments:

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed