Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Monday, January 28, 2008

Kicking Mommy

I take back every time I said I wanted to feel Baby kick. "Stop kicking mommy!!!" I think she aims for sensitive organs. Robin goads her on of course. And while it's nice that he can feel her kick, it's not so nice for me. I prefer the more abstract sensations of movement. Those don't hurt. It's all par for the course now that I'm in my last month (or so) and once again, I should reiterate that I know I have nothing to complain about. Sure I feel uncomfortable much of the time now, and I'm more tired, and I wake far more frequently to pee, and just shifting positions in bed is a chore, and getting up and down (especially in the car) is awkward... and there's a whole month more to endure... but I'm not complaining ;)
We have our homevisit with my primary midwife and student this week. Should be a fun afternoon. And then it will be February. The very last month. Full of Imbolc rituals and baby showers (for me and a friend on the same weekend) and knitting and rushing around to finish getting ready for baby's arrival. (Which reminds me that I have to go update the baby registry list again.)

No comments:

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed