Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Words, Wrap, Diaper-free nights

Words just keep coming out of Abi's mouth! Words like Door and Apple and, today, Doll. Rather than try to blog every new word, I've added a Word List to the blog [if you read this on FB, you'll have to click the link to see the original post at Blogger]. There I will add the new words to the top of the list.

"Doll" started when we took a Groovy Girl doll with us to a meeting today. I had bought her a new one yesterday and when I was about to put it away, she became quite interested in it. I pulled out the other three for her to see. She's not one to play with stuffed toys much, but she does like to gather them up in her arms occasionally. I'll leave the dolls out for now to see if she wants to play with them. I'm hoping to get her a SewFunky Waldorf doll for Yule.She's been quite clingy lately. She loves the wrap and still prefers this carry (rather than a front-facing or back carry). See George lounging in the background - enjoying the baby-free time! He knows to expect Abi-hugs if he sleeps there, and yet it is still his favourite place. He knows the Abi-free places if he needs them.

I am also pleased to report that Abi has been sleeping through the night without peeing. This is especially good given that she's not wearing a diaper to bed. There is a large soaker pad underneath her in case she were to pee. She prefers, however, to get out of bed and use the potty in the room.
Have I mentioned how much I love my baby???
As soon as she starts telling me that she has to go (rather than me just reading her signals), we can go diaper-free all the time. It's my own fault for not emphasizing this earlier - getting her to sign for potty. It didn't seem necessary when she was taking herself to the potty. She never had to ask.

In addition to the new Groovy Girl, I bought (for a mere 99cents) Dr. Seuss' Sleep Book and it's my new favourite! Goodnight Moon and Guess How Much I Love You as well as I Love You, Goodnight (all of which I memorized months ago) are still favourites. I hate to give away my source, but the local Goodwill Store is my favourite place to shop for children's books. You can't go wrong with 99 cents books in mint condition! Nobody else would sell a Dr. Seuss book for that price.

1 comment:

Heather said...

If you're looking for other groovy girl stuff, there is a healthy selection at Turtle Pond toys, but it's not the cheapest place around. They have 'groovy girl day' once or twice a year and things are sold for less then.

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed