Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Sunday, September 20, 2009

End of the Week

It is hard to believe that Abi's first week of daycare is over. And there is another (and another...) yet to come.
She is loving it. Every day when I go to pick her up, she isn't ready to leave! She wants to stay and play more. She is also napping for 1-2 hours all by herself, as if this is what she always does. (I wish!) At night time she is still reluctant to go to bed, and she wants to sleep in every morning, but I'm hoping she'll get into a better sleep schedule soon.
J, the childcare provider, is wonderful. She plans all sorts of activities and outings for the kids. And the other kids love Abi. J's daughter was overheard telling people that Abi is her sister! lol Wishful thinking on her part. It's nice to see how well the older kids play with Abi and help to look out for her. Great modelling of behaviour.
I'm feeling like a grad student again - it's a good feeling. I'd still much prefer to be taking care of Abi myself, but I do need to finish this PhD... [all together now: YES! So you can move back to Winnipeg!!]

We've had a busy weekend too! Yesterday Abi and I joined a friend and her son at the local Medieval Faire - once we awoke after quite the sleep-in. Then I was busy preparing to host a Mabon Celebration for kids here, which took up most of the evening and had me waking early (by my standards) at 7am (on a Sunday) to bake muffins and finish cleaning (after Abi tossed all her toys back on the floor Saturday night). The celebration started at 10am and took us past lunch. It was a lot of fun and we were joined by several other families. We celebrated this harvest season with a nature walk, baking corn bread (with help from the kids!), eating corn bread and pumkin-apple muffins, drinking apple cider, and making corn crafts with maize. All the kids had a wonderful time and we made new friends.

Sorry about the lack of photos recently. I've not had much opportunity to take any! There are some from the Medieval Festival that my friend will send to me.

I must get back to the family now - soak up the last couple hours of the weekend together. We hope yours has been enjoyable!

No comments:

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed