Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Friday, September 11, 2009

Late KNight Knit thoughts

Tomorrow is the big Knitters Fair and I'm trying to prepare myself with "a list" so I won't get too silly. I've never been to a Knitters Fair - where 80 plus vendors of yarn offer up temptations. One store is overwhelming (I'm talking stores such as Romni Wools and Shall We Knit, not Michaels), what will an entire fair be like???
So what's on my list? First and foremost - solid coloured sock yarn. I'm a sock-knitting fanatic. Easy, portable, relatively fast (well, considering the thin yarn and tiny needles), highly satisfying, cozy... need I go on?
After that, I have some yardage on a few different heavier weight yarns for a sweater or wrap - just some options. Given that I've managed to accumulate a small yarn stash over the past year (I recall when I lamented having absolutely no stash), I really should focus on using that up... Which is why I have a list. Because, there will be a LOT of yarn that I will want to fill my office with. And, thinking about it, and office filled with yarn isn't a bad idea. Sound-proofing for when I feel like screaming. Padding for when I throw my laptop. Soft things to throw if necessary. A bed if I fall asleep reading. Yarn to tie myself to my desk. Softness to squeeze and release stress.

Well now, how can I NOT buy oodles more yarn tomorrow?
I'm so glad I had this little chat with myself.

Now, to bed - to dream of alpaca and silk and unfinished socks. (Incidentally, I finished my first big-foot-man-sock today! I hope this man doesn't expect to receive socks all the time. Did I mention it's big?? And cabled?? That's love. And one Yule gift half done. I hope I don't have nightmares of the second sock. Great, why'd I have to go and think that!
Alpaca.
Silk.
Blankety-softness (as opposed to actually knitting the blanket, which would take forever - like Abi's fingering-weight ribbed pinwheel blanket...)

1 comment:

Heather said...

1) I'm still totally trying to fight the temptation of the knitting fair this morning. For once I'm glad I have to spend the whole mornign at the ballet studio with the girls, it will keep my bank account a little safer (ha ha)

2) I won't be posting a link to my blog on facebook... I have a lot of family on there and I'd rather they never discover the blog (only because one member tries to be overly 'helpful' with the MoCT stuff... so I just didn't make a big deal out of it, I figured folks would find it when they did, and if they didn't that's okay too.


and thank you, I love (luv? ha ha) you too!

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed