Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Monday, September 14, 2009

End of The Day

Mid-day I received this message by e-mail, just as I was changing my FB status to reflect how strange it feels to not watch Abi all/most of the day.
I just thought I would let you know your child is an angel. She has had an amazing first day and is currently napping. I have not seen a tear all day, not even at nap time.
Wow, Abi napping??? She's never gone to sleep for other babysitters. It takes me a good hour to get her to nap usually, if not longer!

Seriously, if this is to be the norm, it's FANTASTIC. Soon enough, I'm sure, I'll grow accustomed to having an entire work day to focus on my dissertation without interruption. Today it's very strange and difficult to stay focused when I keep waiting to be interrupted/needed by Abi. Even when Robin is watching her, at most I get 90-120 minutes uninterrupted - if I'm lucky. If I can hear her fussing for a long time I can't help but intercede in some way.
[...]
So, I went to pick her up at 5 and found her playing outside (supervised of course) on the slide. Do you think she cried to see me like usual? No. Didn't seem too impressed that I was there - especially when I suggested we go home (and leave the slide!)

Not only did she fall asleep no problem for a nap, but she napped for almost 2 hours. She never cried or whined once. It was suggested that I should "make more" of these babies. LOL.
[Except, what are the odds I'd actually birth another baby like Abi? Aren't I scheduled for her opposite? Yes, I'm scared of having another just for this reason!]

I am happy for Abi - she clearly enjoys her long days of play with others. Tomorrow she gets to see butterflies. [I'm jealous!] Me, I'll be reading/writing/transcribing/cleaning my office.

No comments:

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed