Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Moving Around

I promised walking updates.

Walking Assisted
If she can find a weighted basket, overturned box,or the like, she will use it as a walker to get around. She does crawl too - she crawls to something she can climb up on!

Nobody is Safe
Note that Monkey has squished herself into the corner. She is safe - for now. mwhahahaha. I do believe Abigail is babbling away to her here. Perhaps saying "I'll get you my pretty, and my little dog too!"

Beer!
I did say she likes to get into everything. Robin is particularly proud here. She should have her Bombers hat on!
Note the blue and gold in the next picture. Robin dressed her in Bomber colours and we won the next game against Montreal. I'm not saying Abigail had anything to do with this... ;)

Driving
This is her new car / walker given to us by one of Robin's co-workers when she heard about Abigail's immediate transition to walking upright with help. She hasn't mastered walking with a wheeled walker, so we keep this in car mode for now. So far she only travels in reverse, but she knows how to use the stick-shift (in her left hand) and rotate the engine (in her right). Literally, Robin sat her down, showed her the two toy parts on the front, and off she went like an old pro. You'd think she actually needs to change gears to drive this thing.
She is far too smart. We're in trouble!

Samhain is tomorrow. Abigail and I will be joining friend for crafts. Robin will be cooking our Dumb Supper. We'll be dressing up, but still not sure what. Then early to bed for me as I have an early flight the next morning and a long weekend in Chicago.

No comments:

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed