Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Friday, October 03, 2008

Ever Changing

Two days after she figured out crawling on a textured surface (carpet, futon, etc), Abigail mastered the strength to crawl on the new laminate floors also. She also enjoys pulling herself up into a kneeling position so that she may better look out over her world from a new height. Today I dropped her co-sleeper bed down to its lower (playpen level) setting because she has begun to pull herself up to the outer edges of it and look out. It is very adorable, however, since she also likes to then push up onto her feet at an angle, she could easily have launched herself over the edge if she tried. Fortunately she did not! This morning she is taking her first nap in her "crib" (still her co-sleeper, but it is no longer at bed level).

We have a busy weekend ahead. Robin is meeting up with some work buddies for drinks tonight to celebrate his birthday (this Monday). Abigail and I will be meeting up with colleagues this afternoon for coffee and stimulating discussion (or such is the hope/plan). Tomorrow Abi and I will be at Pagan Pride Day in Waterloo Park where, among other things, I will be facilitating a discussion of Pagan parenting. Sunday we are Running (walking) for the Cure in the morning and that afternoon I will be doing field research. Monday is Robin's birthday. He asked me for a shoe-horn today for his birthday. Wow, if I'd known it was that simple... I guess I can go return his gift now. I suspect the shoe-horn is so that he doesn't have to undo the laces on his new shoes. These are real shoes! Not Vans or runners.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Real shoes....Robin must be getting old (this must be his 'you are old' birthday)...

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed