Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Monday, March 03, 2008

Nothing - Part One

Nothing to report on the pregnancy front.
I kicked butt in Mille Bornes last night. Robin is leading a training class for the next few weeks, or, until he's called home for a different sort of labour. Mom and I are relaxing this morning. Freezing/melting rain outside and a lot of ice means I don't think we'll be taking that walk I was hoping for. But maybe it will melt more.

Saturday night mom and I attended a Winter Blues party in the colour purple. I went dressed as the Purple People Eater, complete with purple people to eat (jello jigglers shaped with people cookie cutters), the hides of my last few meals (purple clothes), horns, and my freak cousin - the one-eyed, one-horned, flying purple people eater. He's a freak because not only does he only have one eye and one horn, but he doesn't even eat people! He'd rather be in a rock and roll band. What kind of monster is that??? Fortunately for all the purple people at the party, I was (am) still digesting my last meal... The evidence was in my belly!
I won the costume prize :-) It was a good night and we ended up staying out (up) much later than I expected I could (after midnight).
I suppose I should give Robin his due credit... the Purple People Eater costume (with hides and digesting my last meal) was his idea, although I added the jello jigglers and my freak cousin to the costume. I was going to purposefully not wear purple (that would mean I eat my own kind, except a monster isn't a person), but when it came time to get dressed for the evening I decided a PPE (yes, I'm so cool I abbreviate "Purple People Eater") should still dress in colour for the purple party.

No comments:

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed