Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Saturday, March 08, 2008

March 7

Here is a very quick update to keep you from asking.
After 12 hours of active labour (including 2 hours of pushing) plus a couple days of "inactive" labour, Baby A (still unnamed right now) was born at home Friday March 7 at 1734h.
She weighed 8lbs 4oz at birth and measured 20.5 inches.
She is a beautiful baby girl! Photos pending.

Unfortunately, there were some complications. I had to go in for stitches, and upon my return we discovered that Baby also had to go in because she was breathing rapidly.
Baby has fluids in her lungs, possibly pneumonia, but we have to await the 48 hour blood test.
She will be in NICU for the next week and I will be staying there with her.
The family room has internet, but I'm not sure how often I will be updating.

She is otherwise healthy, feeding quite well, looks great, strong and active.

Prayers are always welcome.

No comments:

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed