Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Monday, March 10, 2008

NICU

Writing from the NICU where I can access some internet sites, but not Facebook which has been blocked by the hospital. So, sorry to everyone on FB whose been trying to find photos or reach me. I hear I have a wall full of messages (probably a few pages by now!) and I expect a full inbox. I'll get to that eventually... In the meantime, I know some of you have popped over to Robin's FB page for more info. You can also see photos either here at the blog or at Flickr.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mandyz/

Abigail is doing great. She does NOT have pneumonia, just amniotic fluid in her lungs. She is "sunning" under the phototherapy lamp for jaundice, however, and she has to be on antibiotics until Friday afternoon because of a high white blood cell count. I'm hoping/expecting we'll be home Friday evening. She's a feisty one - what else would you expect! Hates her "sun" glasses (for the phototherapy), loves cuddling, and is a strong feeder! A little piglet at times and she likes to feed longest in the middle of the night - the brat.

I'm doing well. Dislike being here of course, but given the situation, I'm comfortable. I get a courtesy room to myself (don't have a roommate and hoping I don't get one). My feet are hugely swollen because I don't get much chance to put them up properly, but I'll survive and can fix that when we get home.

A big thank you to everyone who has sent encouraging messages. I apologize for not replying personally to each and every one of you, but I expect you understand that my computer time is limited. A special thank you to Chris for the food you dropped off - delicious and nutricious. Mom and Robin are bring me food daily. Since I'm not a patient, I have to tend to myself here. If you've ever been to / stayed at KW Hospital you know how pathetic the food services is. Pretty much your only option is Timmies... cafeteria has very limited hours and closes after lunch! (What's up with that???)

Well, Abbie is sleeping after a bath and a feed. I should go catch a few winks before her next feeding. This would be so much easier if I were at home and not having to trudge down a long hall every few hours, check/change her (icky disposable) diaper, unplug her from her sensors, get her out of the isolette, get set up in the rocking chair, maneuver around her IV... and then feed. It's the little things that make it a huge hassle. Oh how I look forward to being home...

No comments:

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed