Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pants

I have a ridiculous collection of pants. The problem lies in having too many sizes. Only three or four ever fit me at a time.  I have the pants that fit me for years and years pre-baby. Those were put away when I became pregnant over four years ago.  First I just went up a size or two to accommodate a little bit of weight. I simply wasn't fitting into my usual size, but I was no where close to needing preggo pants.  Then came the preggo pants. After birthing I was back to the comfy, slightly over-sized pants. Then back down to my pre-baby pants. Only problem was, I finally had to admit to myself that even with a belt pulled taut, those pre-baby pants weren't fitting any more. Yeah, they were a fair bit too big.
The preggo pants of course were packed away for future pregnancy.  As were the not-yet-big-enough-to-need-preggo-pants pants.
And then the 'original' pants were packed away and I had to buy a new set of pants.So, I have four collections of pants, none of which I'm willing to get rid of because who knows what size I'll need after this baby is born.
It seems so silly, to me, to have such a large collection of pants and so few that fit me.
After this baby, which will be my second and last pregnancy (thank you), I'll be clearing out my pants collection! Oh, what a glorious day that will be.  I don't know why, but this collection offends me. Maybe because it seems wasted space - and we really do not have a lot of storage space. Granted, I think my yarn stash might take up a wee bit more space... but that's not the point...
Where was I before I started undermining myself?

That's the exciting story of pants in my life.  Personally, I'm looking forward to being able to wear the orange pants I bought in Germany again, if only for a little while.  When I grow back into them.
By the way, this whole pants rant (tee hee) is really about being pregnant and growing.

No comments:

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed