Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Monday, October 10, 2011

Mystery KAL - spoiler alert

As you should know, I'm leading a mystery knit-along for a new design of mine called Tread Softly. The KAL is over on Ravelry, but it's closed to new members now. The complete pattern will be available in January. It has been a lot of fun to share my design and watch other projects in progress. I only see a small fraction of the WIPs. Sometimes I go to the Projects page from the main pattern page and look at more. It's also been quite the ego-booster, I must confess. A lot of wonderful praise about the pattern. I knew I loved it, but one never knows how others will appreciate the design. Especially when it's a mystery. Each new section is an entirely different pattern of stitches around a forest theme.
So far I've released 5 clues (the most recent came out 'today' - technically I put it up late last night).

The shawl at the end of clue 4 - plus a few rows of clue 5.

The central leafy and floral motif.

Bear paws and berries on a branch. (Or some saw these as flowers such as bluebells and maybe lion paws. They can be whatever the knitter wants - within reason.)  Some of my knitters have been replacing the nupps (the 'bumps') with beads. Those look lovely too.

Clue 4 - some paw prints going the other way towards the edge.

No comments:

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed