Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Monday, October 10, 2011

Celebration weekend

In celebration of Robin's birthday (on Thursday) we went out geocaching on Friday (he took the day off for a 4 day weekend) and Saturday. These photos are from our morning at the Huron Nature Area.
Sunday we had cousins over for a turkey-free thanksgiving dinner. We enjoyed cranberry-BBQ meatballs, sausage stuffing, roasted orange veggies, sweet potato casserole, and jalapeno cornbread muffins for dinner. Dessert was apple-crisp pie and pumpkin pie with freshly whipped cream. All lovingly prepared by Robin and delicious - as usual.



A cache hidden in an old car - I have no idea what it's doing at the Nature Area...

We saw and 'rescued' (from the sidewalk) a few fuzzy caterpillars.

Guess who ended up having to transport Abi's stuffed animals, as usual.

It was a beautiful and scenic day.


Can you count the fishing lures/bobbing-things? (I don't fish, so I don't know proper terms.)

I was on the lookout for paw prints to prettify my Tread Softly pattern when I release the final version in January.

I spotted some prints on the path and upon closer inspection found this little guy. He was more interesting.

We saw a few monarchs, but often further away. Of course I didn't manage to get the camera out and to the right settings in time for a good, detail photo. But I rather like how this turned out.
Today we have another Thanksgiving dinner to attend with friends. This time with turkey.

I almost forgot to add this video from our outing. I always miss the original 'version' of what Abi's doing and it's never the same when I try and goad her to do the same thing for the camera.

1 comment:

Grace said...

It sounds like the perfect day!

Happy thanksgiving

xoxo Grace

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed