Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Many bugs

Abi started the spring with a bug phobia.  I'd warn her that summer=bugs.  Then she started liking some bugs. Except anything that flies. Again I'd have to remind her that summer=bugs-that-fly-past-you.  She especially doesn't like "bees" (which can be any number of yellowish flying bugs) and I remind her that Bees - especially the big ones we see in the flowers - are more interested in doing their own thing, like finding pollen in flowers.
She tells me all this now. She's less likely to freak out when she sees a bug. There is definite progress.
Then today I cracked up laughing.
I was singing
Summer time...
and she started echoing
Summer time...
I continued
And the living is easy....
She continued
And there are many bugs.

That was good for a belly laugh.

In other news a mysterious package arrived in my mailbox, for me. Unlike the last time I received an unexpected package, this one has a return address and customs stamp (from USA).  Inside was a slice of a long spiral shell strung on a cord to wear.  After much pondering I suspect my sister ordered this for me and it's arrived as a belated birthday gift.  I had bought such a shell pendant years ago at a Festival. When V saw it she wanted it. So I gave it to her - because I love her and because I figured I could get a new one at the next fest. No such luck on the last part.  I'd mentioned that to V last time I saw her wearing the shell, I think. I'm actually happy I gave it to her because she wears it all the time and I wouldn't have. I just don't wear necklaces as often as I once did.
I'm still waiting to confirm if I am right about the gift.

Abi was quite jealous that she didn't receive anything in the mail.  She wondered aloud if maybe someone might send her a package.  Who? I asked.  Oh, I don't know. Maybe my Uncle Robbie.
She has this thing about Uncle Robbie.  I don't know what it is. She's met him only a couple time and for short periods.  She knows her toy cat was a gift from Uncle Robbie, but it's not as if it's her favourite toy. She has no favourite toys.  Nevertheless, she talks about Uncle Robbie often and how much she loves him. (Oh, and she's never received a package from Uncle Robbie. I'd have thought she'd guess Nana - she sends plenty of packages - or Corey.)
So, Robbie, you've got some mighty big shoes to fill when we move home!

At home we decided to make her a necklace.  The result was a lot of sead beads on the carpet in my office...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Message received, Nana to the rescue!

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed