Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

On the needles - doing my dreams

It's been quite some time since I wrote about what's on my needles.  Typically I just make my updates on Ravelry and share with Ravelry folks.  Every now and then I figure I should share my art with friends and family too.
Let's see... What's the last thing I shared here? Dragon shawls and some handspun and dyeing experiments. A new hat and another not-so-new shawl were part of the pictures from Corey and Ed's visit.

That leaves several finished objects to share, but I'm still waiting on an opportunity to get better photos, so those can wait a little longer.  How about what's still on the needles.
There's the Echo shawl above and the mystery summer shawlette below.  They're the most recent projects to be cast on. The mystery shawl was started because I saw a post about it and happened to have a new hank of alpaca lace sitting next to the computer. I'd picked it up for less than $5 at a clearance table. How could I resist?
There is also an Indigenous shawl blocking on the bed right now. I've been waiting for a not-too-humid day to do it. I've had the yarn since my only visit to Saskatoon and one of my earliest shopping excursions to a local yarn shop.
This enormous white Freya shawl has been on the needles for months.
And these socks for about as long


There is also another Hatchling Dragon shawl on the go, but since I'm spinning the yarn as I go it develops in spurts.  Waiting on an opportunity to spin more singles and then ply them.
Also awaiting more spinning is the Wheel of the Year project. It's a circular design so far but I'm about to transition it into a square with the new yarn to be spun.  First I had to dye some fiber (in the background).

No comments:

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed