Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Thursday, June 16, 2011

For Nana

I took a picture of Abi with her favourite donut - with sprinkles! - and her first chocolate milk. Just for you nana. She sure loves a donut with "sparkles" on it.  And I can't get away with a simple donut hole. Oh no, she knows she wants a donut with a hole in it. And sprinkles. It's got to have sprinkles.
I've created a monster! Actually, I think I can blame the nice senior lady who gave Abi her "free donut" prize when I was going to cash in a "free coffee" prize a couple months ago.  Abi of course had to choose her own donut then.
And she's not a monster, but I do get flashbacks when I see her with a donut - to my own donut days as a kid and mom's horror when I would eat an entire Big Mac as a kid.  Yep, Abi and I can eat. Personally I go for the chocolate donuts.

Also, do you like her shawl? Still one of my favourite pieces. I found one of my childhood hairclips to hold it shut - the dogs. I think it's the hound dog from that Disney movie about a dog and fox. I find that metal hair clips with the wire back that pops over a metal ball - not the snapping kind - make great shawl pins.

A little more Abi for Nana in the form of a not-so-exciting video from the same day. Abi walking down hill on the way home. After a bus ride - and that's always exciting for her. Just a little bit of Abi being Abi.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nana thanks you!!! Crazy how the older she gets the more she looks like you. It's like seeing a replay of you at that age.
Thanks again,
Love, Nana

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed