Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Wedding Social Prizes

I did it. I finished the wedding social prizes. Two fairly quick knits. The wrist warmers were mostly knit during a doctor appointment. The heavier wrap was not portable, but was an easy project on hand at my desk while waiting for downloads, etc.
I haven't finished the wedding gift afghan yet, but I'm confident I can complete it during the 2 (or 3?) day drive to Winnipeg. That is, I can finish crocheting squares and cross-stitching the butterflies. I'll assemble it in Winnipeg. (I think I can, I think I can....)

Photobucket
Here is the wrap in thick yarn. Not a summer day wrap! It was quick and easy, but does need a sweater or shawl pin of some kind to hold it on (not included). I used a sarong holder with a long hairpin through the holes (since I don't have a sweater or shawl pin either).

Photobucket
And here are the wrist warmers (that were going to be mine, but I'm willing to donate them and I may have just enough yarn left to make a second pair.) This was my first knit project involving beads (which you might not be able to see in the photo). The yarn is a yummy alpaca, merino, silk blend (with some nylon for strength as it is a sock yarn). A treat for any wrist.

So 'Peggers, I hope to see you at the social.

No comments:

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed