Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Monday, March 16, 2009

Where did my keys go?

I spent the afternoon looking high and low for my keys so we could go check the mailbox. Abi and I had recently returned home from errands, so I knew they had to be somewhere. Not in any coat pockets. Not in any purses. Not in any doors, nor the car. Not on the keyrack. Not on any messy table or dresser. Not on the floor. I looked and looked again. And again. And a couple more times just to be sure. Keys do not walk away.
No they do not.
Eventually they would have to turn up. They must simply be in some obvious spot I had missed and I imagined that tomorrow I would walk by them, slap myself on the forehead, and wonder how I could have missed them.
Sitting in the living room that evening, reading for class, I watched Abi play with her toys strewn across the floor. I bought her some new books today and a puzzle that I was encouraging her to play with, but she prefers the classics: putting things in her favourite boxes.
As I watched her start to pull Alphabooks out of the Alphabooks-box I heard a familiar jingle.
Oh yes she did.
Abigail had hidden my keys.
And she had a big grin on her face. Oh, she knew. She was very proud of herself.

Fairy Cakes smile

At last the mystery was solved, although I still don't know where she found the keys in the first place. I suspect I was correct that they were originally in my hoodie and she must have taken them out of the pocket when I left it on the couch.
I wonder if she knows where my sweater is too...

To add to today's fun, Abigail started waving consistently this evening!

No comments:

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed