Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Worms

I've blogged about worms before - but those were red wigglers.

This evening we got new worms - a new distraction - one that I can actually enjoy. We get to blow worms up!! Kablooooey.

It's a video game, Worms, And it recently became available as an XBox download - so we just *had* to get it! It's one of very few types of games I can actually play. My aim is pretty pathetic right now, but I'll get better with practice. My favourite weapon is a sheep. It explodes.

Almost as funny as Lego Star Wars, but without the popping noise. We still don't have that game, but I've not really had time to play the demo much. While I find it entertaining, I'm not sure I'm really interested in playing the full game and trying to complete levels. I just want to pull apart lego people and hear that lego popping noise.

In other news, V and baby are doing great! (They don't have worms) Our grandma hosted a baby shower in her honour here in Ontario. I brought along my laptop and webcam so that we could have a virtual shower with V and baby. Very high tech ;)

Robin is back on days - yay!!!! 8-4. On the downside, this means I have to get up early to drive him to work. (grumble grumble) I almost prefer the later start, but I'll adjust again.

We also recently hosted our first post-renovation party here and got to show off the new kitchen! It was a great party. Most of the evening consisted of a cheese fondue and talk. After some of the guests had left (those with chidren) we played a round of a game called Carcassonne. I won - so I thought it was great! My win was rather sneaky too because I got many of my points at the end when the game is over and you count up farm points. I had managed to secure prime farm lands without anyone intruding on my claims. So as they all built their little cities and claimed their points, I silently watched as their new cities increased the value of my farms! mwhahaha!! See, those thiefs on the roads thought they were sneaky (being thiefs and all), but really it was my farmers.

Nothing much new otherwise. But let me find some photos for you... I'm not going to bother posting pictures of baby since you can see them here. Do I have any new good pet photos?... I've got videos! But I'm not in the mood to edit and upload stuff. Eventually this will happen and you can all laugh at Monkey s'more.


There you go. Monkey and Gryphon. If you want more, you can check at Flickr.

I'm going to bed. Early to bed and early to rise is the new pattern, even though Robin doesn't work tomorrow. I need to get myself onto a regular schedule. I was going to do work this evening, but Worms distracted me. I've not played video games in a long time! Now my brain is mushy. Not from the games, just from being awake all day. Sheesh, I'm getting old! Midnight and I think it's late. Wait, midnight IS late. Right? Well either way, goodnight.

1 comment:

Jen/Joe said...

I prefer the banana bomb. A little bit of uncertainty as it bounces all around. We haven't played recently... Have fun!

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed