Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Monday, March 26, 2007

Summertime in Spring

A crazy day today! Started with random downpours and thunder (frightening poor Darla) and turned into an incredibly hot, sunny, (muggy) day! The only way to deal with it was, of course, to go outside!
And while outside I had to be productive... so I cleaned up dead growth from the gardens, admired the snowdrops up front, and then did some work in the veggie/herb garden! Inserted a new wall on one of the sloped gardens using clay pots. Eventually I'll plant stuff in the pots, but for now they're just an ingenious wall. (I think it's rather ingenious and uses up clay pots I had lying around.) Above that, in the garden I did not plant in last year, I started some carrot seeds - since they are the only seeds I have that can be started outdoors already. Got very dirty and let Darla, Gryphon and Monkey play outside in the yard. Monkey sure does love playing outside, but she's really good for staying near me. Oh, I also found a frog (or toad)! I uncovered it while digging with my hands in the soil and screamed! Then I moved it to a safer location.

To follow up from the last post - I got a photo of all the animals in the same space!
See (l-r) Gryphon, Darla, Monkey and Fenwick around the stairs. (Also featuring the Dyson Vacuum whose canister was being emptied.)


See Fenwick see Darla (and everyone else sees Fenwick).


See Fenwick dart away... as Monkey watches. This is a very typical scene.

No comments:

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed