Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Saturday, April 07, 2007

Snow?

I know that snow is perhaps to be expected in April. But I wasn't expecting it. No - after the 20+ degree weather we had a little while back I was ready for summer. I even bought summer dresses! I am done with snow - that's so last season. Now is the time for seeds and new shoots and things that are green - not white (except for the white snowdrop flowers and the purple and white crocuses in my garden).
As the weather drove me inside to huddle under a blanket I brought back out the crochet needles. I've been making hats like I have two heads! (Or maybe three). But I've quickly grown tired of the hats, so seeking a new challenge I'm using the beautiful new bamboo knitting needles Tay gave me and knitting absolutely divine purple wool that accompanied the needles. I've decided to make a lacy wrap. It takes much more work than the repetitive crocheted hats. And to increase my challenge I've retrained myself to knit Continental Style instead of English Style. Continental really IS so much easier once I get the hang of it. More like the movements of crochet work.
And just for the record - all the cool people knit and crochet. Just because I knit and have three cats doesn't mean anything...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Just because I knit and have three cats doesn't mean anything..."

HA! whatever--- crazy knitting cat lady

^_^

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed