Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Friday, December 15, 2006

Yule Torture

Robin is evil.
He has "hidden" some large gift for me in the spare room. And by "hide" I mean he closed the door and told me not to look inside because my gift is there. He says he can't even wrap it.
So... too big to wrap, but light enough to carry up the stairs...
Hmmm...
I already guessed a rocking chair. Sadly, that wasn't it.

For those who know me, you know how torturous this is!
What if I needed to get one of his presents out that is also hidden in that room? (Granted, I wrap my gifts as soon as I get home!) What if... well, okay, there's nothing I can't fetch Robin to get out of that room for me...

In other news, I had half-holiday cookies today. As I lamented earlier, without an oven we've had absolutely no holiday baking yet this year. It's terrible. My department's Holiday Party is in late January. Robin had a work lunch today. And nobody else I know is having a party. Usually we have the party. I decided that I had to have *something* so I picked up some holiday-themed sugar cookies, ginger bread, and almond-flavoured cookies at the grocery store, but they are not homemade (Voortman cookies) and thus I can't really call it holiday baking.
Yes, it's pathetic. You can pity me all you want - and then send baking!

Also, Yule cards have all been sent (assuming I have your snail mail address). Yay me. Check.
As far as I know, I'm also done all my shopping and package shipping. Check and check.

Now *you* are jealous of me! I know it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed