Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Farewell Foster Kitties

Ginger is happily in her new home and loving it.
Now Josie has a local application in process. I'll be curious to learn how he heard about Josie/Barlee's. That's two local applications for these two. Of course, that's not surprising if they search with PetFinder.ca since Barlee's is at the top of the list when I search with my area code. Last Saturday after I dropped Ginger at her new home, Josie and I spent 4 hours hanging out at PetValu to attract attention for Barlee's Angels. Sadly, people generally were not interested - had to pick up pet food and run. Of course they cooed over Josie, but always with the follow-up phrase "I already have too many; My partner would kill me." I can appreciate that - I'd be doing the same. Still, I didn't expect them to take her home (not that they would be allowed to) but I did think they might pick up literature about Barlee's.
Josie's application was only just received, but I'm assuming they will want her before Christmas and I am happy to oblige since we were wondering what to do with her when we go to my grandparents' for the holidays.

She's at least well integrated into the household, so we could just leave her with the other two cats, a pile of food, and water. Still... I'm sure she would have gotten into trouble.

She's been growing on me. Heck, she's like a shoulder growth :) Always here on my shoulder while I work. When she's not unwrapping Yule gifts or climbing things (like my leg!) she's adorable. [In the photo below, I don't know if you can tell that she was chewing the plant.]

She has also been very good for Fenwick. Josie is the only other animal Fenwick will hang out with (or tolerate for that matter). They like to play in the sink together. They also play tag in the basement. As a result, Fenwick has been coming out her shell more. There were recent thoughts of adopting Josie (mostly on my part, but Robin was definitely convincible since he really likes her) to stay here... but now there is an application in process :( Still, we didn't really want 3 cats... and I am happy if she can find a great home. If the current application doesn't work out...

I still think it odd that I've got 3 brown tabbies (for now). I was never particularly attracted to tabby cats. Usually I admired a calico or tortoishell or solid coloured cat. Now that I have 3 beautiful tabbies I don't understand how I never noticed the beauty of the stripes before :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The 1st pic of the kitty is AWESOME!!! You should definintly take it, print it and put it in a frame!!!!

It's great!

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed