Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Friday, December 01, 2006

Ginger, Josie and other sillies

Great news today - Ginger was in for her spay and while under they did a biopsy on her skin lesions to determine the exact problem. The results indicate that she has an auto-immune difficiency. This is good news in a way because we knew something was clearly wrong and might require daily medication. This would make her difficult to place in a forever-home. Fortunately though, she only needs shots 2 or 3 times a year and provided her new family is on good terms with their vet (and the vet is nice), these can cost as little as $20. It is a relief to know exactly what is wrong and how we can treat it. PLUS, a potential new family did come meet her (and Josie) a couple days ago and they really like Ginger (though at the time I thought they were favouring Josie with her kittenish-charm), but while they awaited her spay and results, plus the application process, they've met another of Barlee's Angels' cats, so I don't know what they will choose.
Josie has another application in progress, which will hopefully go well also. She's such a cutie - who (besides me!) wouldn't want to adopt her? And the sooner the better - she won't be a kitten forever!

I have impressed myself with my ability to foster. After we fostered Darla and then fell totally in love with her, I wasn't certain I could do this... I have discovered that I can love these kitties, and still help them find another home.

In non-feline news, the floor progresses. I haven't shared a photo in a while because I'm hoping to wait now until the floor is done. Maybe even until the cabinets are in the base trim is installed. Okay, maybe not the last part, because who knows how long that will take!

Back home in Winnipeg, dad is hanging his balls on the ceiling. lol Sorry, old family joke. But really, the brightly coloured, glass balls are now dangling from the ceiling. Robin and I have started collecting glass balls for this purpose (and yes, one day I will joke about Robin hanging his balls), but they are definitely not going up this year! I'll be lucky if we can clear space in time to get the tree up! Oh, I'll make space!! Even if it has to go in the bedroom... actually... not such a bad idea... It would make a pretty nightlight! And it's not as if anyone will be visiting here to see it, seeing as how the house is a DISASTER and utterly un-guestworthy.

In other Winnipeg news, V and her partner are moving back! December 24th is their arrival date. She really seems to like moving during the holiday season (or taking off to Europe). Mom and dad are thrilled of course because they'll be close to their first grandchild (due February). V will probably be living with them for a while, and I envision mom will be spending a lot of time with the baby.
Now that V is moving home, I of course am being asked when we are returning to Winnipeg. To live? Maybe never. Sorry friends and family. Not that we wouldn't - provided we could find a place in Wolsley or Wildwood - those are my conditions - oh, and a job at UW.
But that future seems far far away right now.
First things first - I have a degree to finish.
Right after I finish this darn baby blanket for V... why did I create this elaborate design?? I'd share photos, but I want it to be a surprise for V.

Thinking of the blanket, and Yule package mailings (one of which is delayed by knitting)... I've yet to start cards AGAIN. I'm still debating if I even want to do cards... I used to be great at it. And I think of how much I love receiving cards...
Oh, okay, I'll get on it!

No comments:

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed