Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Monday, February 27, 2012

Recent Knits

In case you think I've been totally obsessing over my hugeness / the pregnancy lately. Or spending too much energy packing, let me assure that I am also resting. And knitting.  Knitting keeps me distracted from obsessing. It also helps me relax and rest.
(That's my story and I'm sticking to it. And Robin can't complain - because then I'd have all sorts of things to respond with...)

Most notably I finished this February mystery KAL. Abi and I dyed the yarn together.




I whipped up this hat as a test knit for someone. It will need a home.


And I finished spinning and plying the last of my citrus-colourway mohair-wool fiber from Wellington Fibers. Abi and I may have to sneak out to the farm one last time before I move...
you know, to see the goats.

I also have a pair of deliberately non-identical twin shawls that I designed. Simple designs using similar motifs and different math bases.

The pink is worked in a DK cotton-wool yarn from my stash.  The blue is organic worsted-weight cotton.  I swear I was just pulling from my old stash to use up yarn. I was not intentionally knitting pink and blue.

No comments:

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed