Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Thursday, March 01, 2012

Startitis and Fibre

ETA: apparently "startitis" is the wrong word because I actually finish my started projects. Apparently "prolific knitter" is the more accurate title. But I wasn't going to call myself that.

Oooh, look what arrived yesterday. My order of BFL spinning fibre from To-Ply Fiber Arts. I'm going to spin it up the finish my Earth Day / Wheel of the Year project.  It's long overdue to be completed.
I love how fibre (and spindle) orders from independent dyers typically come with mini samples of other fibres - to tempt me. This order come with a silk hankie in a gorgeous fire colourway. I've yet to spin silk, let alone from a hankie. This should be fun!


The mini braid of merino-silk called to spun up immediately. I whipped out my mini turkish spindle from Threads Thru Time and finished up this single. Now I'm quickly plying it together (from both ends of the ball - one of the joys of working on turkish spindles) on my medium spindle (also from TTT).


The fibre I actually ordered is two braids of this BFL in Snowy Pines. I think it will nicely compliment the Earth Day colourway I previously spun up from this same dyer.


As you can see, I'm experiencing a wee bit of startitis... If the recent projects weren't evidence enough, I just started two shawls designed by Canadian Judy Marples. The blue is a Calais Shawl (using my leftovers from the Evenstar shawl). You can guess why I wanted to knit up this pattern soon. The golden is her new Harmony Shawl design, which I could not resist. Hey, they are both stash-busting projects! The golden is Painted Fleece merino/seasilk in Goldie Locks colourway. I picked this up a few years ago at the KW Knitters Fair. One of my fabulous finds in her 50% bin! (Along with the Evenstar yarn actually.)


No comments:

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed