Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

More Babies - Ultrasound Pictures

What a lovely Valentine's Day gift - more ultrasound pictures.  Robin's gift from the babies was that they kicked him for the first time.  Well, in hindsight it was probably just Earb who kicked him.

Yesterday I had another ultrasound. at 24 weeks.  It was a relatively quick procedure at only an hour. These will be pretty regular occurrences to make sure the babies are growing well, not showing signs of TTTS, etc.  I'll get results tomorrow when I see my midwife. They passed the movement tests with flying colours - as they bounced around.


Here is Baby A / Earb. I've rotated the picture to make the skull picture more easily visible. It took me a while to realize this was a straight on picture. After the last round of pictures, I had low expectations, but this time the pictures are much better. As you can see.


This is her spine - lying face-down obviously. She is head down in the womb and still the one who would descend first.


Here is Baby B / Iongantas.  You can see her skull face-on, and her torso.  That open spot under her chin would be her heart.  Oh, and you can see that Earb is kneeing her in the head. Such love.
But wait, you say, were they not both head-down? Yes, they were. Previously. Apparently she's flipped. She may well do it yet again, since there seems to be plenty of room yet for them to bounce around... and by "plenty" I mean "at least enough".  Even if she does not, she can easily move after her sister departs the womb.


Here she is looking serene with a profile picture.  Must have been a quick capture since both babies spent most of the ultrasound dancing about.

Yes, I'm definitely more pleased with these pictures. They are also much larger in print than the previous pictures.

No comments:

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed